Advanced Azure Resource Manager template functionality
The articles in this section provide examples of using Azure Resource Manager templates (ARM templates). They assume that you have an advanced understanding of ARM templates. The articles are:
- Update a resource in an ARM template. You can update a resource during deployment if necessary. For example, you'd need to do this if you can specify some of the properties for a resource only after other dependent resources are created.
- Use objects as parameters in a copy loop in an ARM template. There's a limit of 256 parameters per deployment. You can work around this limit by passing objects as parameters.
- Implement a property transformer and collector in an ARM template. A property transform and collector template can transform objects into JSON schemas for use by nested templates.
This article is maintained by Microsoft. It was originally written by the following contributor.
- Rick Hallihan | Senior Software Engineer
To see non-public LinkedIn profiles, sign in to LinkedIn.
- Azure Resource Manager
- What are ARM templates?
- Tutorial: Create and deploy your first ARM template
- Tutorial: Add a resource to your ARM template
- ARM template best practices
- Azure Resource Manager documentation
- ARM template documentation