This article is a solution idea. If you'd like us to expand the content with more information, such as potential use cases, alternative services, implementation considerations, or pricing guidance, let us know by providing GitHub feedback.
Small and medium businesses can inexpensively implement disaster recovery to the cloud by using Azure Site Recovery or a partner solution like Double-Take DR.
This solution is built on the Azure managed services: Traffic Manager, Azure Site Recovery, and Virtual Network. These services run in a high-availability environment, patched and supported, allowing you to focus on your solution instead of the environment they run in.
Potential use cases
Ideal industries for this solution include healthcare, travel and hospitality, and manufacturing. Industries that utilize this service include:
- Healthcare (portable clinics and pop-up virus testing centers)
- Restaurants (local and regional chains, in the travel and hospitality industries)
- Logistics (local and regional supply chains, in the manufacturing industry)
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- DNS traffic is routed via Traffic Manager, which can easily move traffic from one site to another based on policies defined by your organization.
- Azure Site Recovery orchestrates the replication of machines and manages the configuration of the failback procedures.
- Virtual Network: The virtual network is where the failover site will be created when a disaster occurs.
- Blob storage stores the replica images of all machines that are protected by Site Recovery.