This article is a solution idea. If you'd like us to expand the content with more information, such as potential use cases, alternative services, implementation considerations, or pricing guidance, let us know by providing GitHub feedback.
Rapidly build engaging, performant, and scalable cross-platform and native apps for iOS, Android, Windows, or Mac.
Potential use cases
This solution is for any organization that utilizes both web and mobile applications.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- A browser or mobile app makes requests for resources from the API.
- The requests are transmitted using HTTPS with TLS termination, which is handled by Azure App Services.
- Azure App Services handles API requests, and it can be scaled up or scaled out to handle the changing demand.
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL provides a relational database service that's based on the open-source Postgres database engine. Use Hyperscale (Citus) or Flexible Server (Preview) deployment modes for highly scalable databases.
This article is maintained by Microsoft. It was originally written by the following contributors.
- Andrew Harvey | Principal Program Manager - Microsoft for Startups
Learn more about the component technologies:
- App Service overview
- What is Azure Database for PostgreSQL?
- Tutorial: Deploy a Django web app with PostgreSQL in Azure App Service
Explore related architectures: