The Routing service provides a set of parameters for a detailed description of the vehicle-specific Consumption Model. Depending on the value of vehicleEngineType, two principal Consumption Models are supported: Combustion and Electric. It's incorrect to specify parameters that belong to different models in the same request. Also, Consumption Model parameters can't be used with the following travelMode values: bicycle and pedestrian.
Parameter constraints for consumption model
In both Consumption Models, there are some dependencies when specifying parameters. Meaning that, explicitly specifying some parameters may require specifying some other parameters. Here are these dependencies to be aware of:
- All parameters require constantSpeedConsumption to be specified by the user. It's an error to specify any other consumption model parameter, if constantSpeedConsumption isn't specified. The vehicleWeight parameter is an exception for this requirement.
- accelerationEfficiency and decelerationEfficiency must always be specified as a pair (that is, both or none).
- If accelerationEfficiency and decelerationEfficiency are specified, product of their values must not be greater than 1 (to prevent perpetual motion).
- uphillEfficiency and downhillEfficiency must always be specified as a pair (that's, both or none).
- If uphillEfficiency and downhillEfficiency are specified, product of their values must not be greater than 1 (to prevent perpetual motion).
- If the *Efficiency parameters are specified by the user, then vehicleWeight must also be specified. When vehicleEngineType is combustion, fuelEnergyDensityInMJoulesPerLiter must be specified as well.
- maxChargeInkWh and currentChargeInkWh must always be specified as a pair (that is, both or none).
If only constantSpeedConsumption is specified, no other consumption aspects like slopes and vehicle acceleration are taken into account for consumption computations.
Combustion consumption model
The Combustion Consumption Model is used when vehicleEngineType is set to combustion. The following list of parameters belong to this model. Refer to the Parameters section for detailed description.
Electric consumption model
The Electric Consumption Model is used when vehicleEngineType is set to electric. The following list of parameters belong to this model. Refer to the Parameters section for detailed description.
Sensible values of consumption parameters
A particular set of consumption parameters can be rejected, even though the set might fulfill all the explicit requirements. It happens when the value of a specific parameter, or a combination of values of several parameters, is considered to lead to unreasonable magnitudes of consumption values. If that happens, it most likely indicates an input error, as proper care is taken to accommodate all sensible values of consumption parameters. In case a particular set of consumption parameters is rejected, the accompanying error message contains a textual explanation of the reason(s). The detailed descriptions of the parameters have examples of sensible values for both models.