Disable Prometheus metrics collection from an AKS cluster
Currently, the Azure CLI is the only option to remove the metrics add-on from your AKS cluster, and stop sending Prometheus metrics to Azure Monitor managed service for Prometheus.
az aks update --disable-azure-monitor-metrics command:
- Removes the ama-metrics agent from the cluster nodes.
- Deletes the recording rules created for that cluster.
- Deletes the data collection endpoint (DCE).
- Deletes the data collection rule (DCR).
- Deletes the DCRA and recording rules groups created as part of onboarding.
This action doesn't remove any existing data stored in your Azure Monitor workspace.
az aks update --disable-azure-monitor-metrics -n <cluster-name> -g <cluster-resource-group>