Metrics in Azure Web PubSub Service
Azure Web PubSub service has some built-in metrics and you and sets up alerts base on metrics.
Metrics provide the running info of the service. The available metrics are:
|Metric||Unit||Recommended Aggregation Type||Description||Dimensions|
|Connection Close Count||Count||Sum||The count of connections closed by various reasons.||ConnectionCloseCategory|
|Connection Count||Count||Max / Avg||The number of connections to the service.||No Dimensions|
|Connection Open Count||Count||Sum||The count of new connections opened.||No Dimensions|
|Connection Quota Utilization||Percent||Max / Avg||The percentage of connections relative to connection quota.||No Dimensions|
|Inbound Traffic||Bytes||Sum||The inbound traffic to the service.||No Dimensions|
|Outbound Traffic||Bytes||Sum||The outbound traffic from the service.||No Dimensions|
|Server Load||Percent||Max / Avg||The percentage of server load.||No Dimensions|
Dimensions of a metric are name/value pairs that carry extra data to describe the metric value.
The dimension available in some metrics:
- ConnectionCloseCategory: Describe the categories of why connection getting closed. Including dimension values:
- Normal: Normal closure.
- Throttled: With traffic or connection throttling, check Connection Count and Outbound Traffic usage and your resource limits.
- SendEventFailed: Event handler invokes failed.
- EventHandlerNotFound: Event handler not found.
- SlowClient: Too many messages queued up at service side, which needed to be sent.
- ServiceTransientError: Internal server error.
- BadRequest: Caused by an invalid hub name, wrong payload, etc.
- ServiceReload: Triggered when a connection is dropped due to an internal service component reload. This event doesn't indicate a malfunction and is part of normal service operation.
- Unauthorized: The connection is unauthorized.
Learn more about multi-dimensional metrics
Submit and view feedback for