Azure Database for PostgreSQL server support matrix
You can use Azure Backup to protect Azure Database for PostgreSQL server. This article summarizes supported regions, scenarios, and the limitations.
Azure Database for PostgreSQL server backup is available in all regions, except for Germany Central (Sovereign), Germany Northeast (Sovereign) and China regions.
|Azure Database for PostgreSQL - Single Server
|Azure PostgreSQL versions
|9.5, 9.6, 10, 11
Feature considerations and limitations
- Recommended limit for the maximum database size is 400 GB.
- Cross-region backup isn't supported. Therefore, you can't back up an Azure PostgreSQL server to a vault in another region. Similarly, you can only restore a backup to a server within the same region as the vault. However, we support cross-subscription backup and restore.
- Private endpoint-enabled Azure PostgreSQL servers can be backed up by allowing trusted Microsoft services in the network settings.
- Only the data is recovered during restore; roles aren't restored.
- Protection of PostgreSQL Flexible server is currently not supported.