Connect a bot to the Omnichannel channel
The Omnichannel channel lets you connect your bot to omnichannel capabilities of the Chat Add-in for Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Knowledge of Basics of the Bot Framework Service and how to Create a bot with the Bot Framework SDK.
- The bot to connect to the channel.
- If you don't have an Azure account, create a free account before you begin.
Connect your bot to the Omnichannel channel
To register your bot with your Omnichannel for Customer Service environment:
- In the Azure portal, go to your bot resource.
- Open the Channels blade and select Omnichannel.
- On the Configure Omnichannel blade, select Apply.
- Once you see the success message, close the Configure Omnichannel blade.
Integrate your bot with the omnichannel feature
Perform the final steps to set up your bot user and routing in your Dynamics 365 organization.
For instructions, see Integrate an Azure bot in the Omnichannel for Customer Service docs.
You can design your bot so that it can hand off the conversation to a human agent. For more information, see Transition conversations from bot to human.
- For information about channel support in the Bot Connector Service, see Connect a bot to channels.
- For information about building bots, see How bots work and the Create a bot with the Bot Framework SDK quickstart.
- For information about deploying bots, see Deploy your bot and Set up continuous deployment.
Submit and view feedback for