APPLIES TO: SDK v4
The following are some common questions you might have.
In case you don't find the answer you're looking for, you can post your questions on Stack Overflow using the
botframework tag. If you're a new user, visit the Stack Overflow Help Center first.
Background and availability
Bot Framework general
- Why doesn't the Typing activity do anything?
- What is the difference between the Connector library and Builder library in the SDK?
- How do user messages relate to HTTPS method calls?
- What is the difference between "proactive" and "reactive"?
- How can I send proactive messages to the user?
- What is an ETag? How does it relate to bot data bag storage?
- What is rate limiting?
- How does rate limiting occur?
- What are the rate limits?
- How will I know if I'm impacted by rate limiting?
- How to implement human handoff?
- What is the size limit of a file transferred using a channel?
- How do I enable the Bot Framework Emulator to connect to localhost while behind a corporate proxy?
- When will you add more conversation experiences to the Bot Framework?
- I have a communication channel I'd like to be configurable with Bot Framework. Can I work with Microsoft to do that?
- If I want to create a bot for Microsoft Teams, what tools and services should I use?
- How do I create a bot that uses the US Government data center?
- What is the Direct Line channel?
- How does the Bot Framework relate to Azure AI services?
- What are the steps to configure Web Chat and Direct Line for Azure Government?
- What are the possible machine-readable resolutions of the LUIS built-in date, time, duration, and set entities?
- How can I use more than the maximum number of LUIS intents?
- How can I use more than one LUIS model?
- Where can I get more help on LUIS?
Security and Privacy
- Do the bots registered with the Bot Framework collect personal information? If yes, how can I be sure the data is safe and secure? What about privacy?
- Can I host my bot on my own servers?
- How do you ban or remove bots from the service?
- How does the Bot Framework handle identity and access management?
- How do I restrict the use of my bot to users belonging to my tenant only?
- Which specific URLs do I need to allowlist in my corporate firewall to access Bot Framework services?
- Can I block all traffic to my bot except traffic from the Bot Framework Service?
- Which RBAC role is required to create and deploy a bot?
- What keeps my bot secure from clients impersonating the Bot Framework Service?
- What is the purpose of the magic code during authentication?
- How do I create my own App Registration?
- What files do I need to zip up for deployment?
- What version of Azure CLI should I use to deploy a bot?
- What should I do when getting Azure CLI deprecation errors?
- What are the CLI deprecated commands related to
- How do I know whether the Azure CLI commands are deprecated?
- What is the Azure Bot Resource?
- Why are Web App Bot and Bot Channel Registration being deprecated?
- Will my Web App Bot or Bot Channel Registration keep working and for how long?
- Do I need to migrate my existing bot to the Azure Bot?
- Can I migrate my existing bot resource to an Azure Bot?
- What's the difference between the Azure Bot and the Web App Bot or Bot Channels Registration?