Rooms metrics overview
Azure Communication Services currently provides metrics for all Communication Services primitives. You can use Azure Monitor metrics explorer to:
- Plot your own charts.
- Investigate abnormalities in your metric values.
- Understand your API traffic by using the metrics data that Chat requests emit.
Where to find metrics
Primitives in Communication Services emit metrics for API requests. To find these metrics, see the Metrics tab under your Communication Services resource. You can also create permanent dashboards by using the workbooks tab under your Communication Services resource.
All API request metrics contain three dimensions that you can use to filter your metrics data. These dimensions can be aggregated together by using the
Count aggregation type. They support all standard Azure Aggregation time series, including
For more information on supported aggregation types and time series aggregations, see Advanced features of Azure Metrics Explorer.
- Operation: All operations or routes that can be called on the Communication Services Chat gateway.
- Status Code: The status code response sent after the request.
- StatusSubClass: The status code series sent after the response.
Rooms API requests
The following operations are available on Rooms API request metrics.
|CreateRoom||Creates a Room.|
|DeleteRoom||Deletes a Room.|
|GetRoom||Gets a Room by Room ID.|
|PatchRoom||Updates a Room by Room ID.|
|ListRooms||Lists all the Rooms for a Communication Services resource.|
|AddParticipants||Adds participants to a Room.|
|RemoveParticipants||Removes participants from a Room.|
|GetParticipants||Gets a list of participants for a Room.|
|UpdateParticipants||Updates a list of participants for a Room.|
Learn more about Data Platform Metrics.