SMS metrics overview
Azure Communication Services currently provides metrics for all Communication Services primitives. You can use Azure Monitor metrics explorer to:
- Plot your own charts.
- Investigate abnormalities in your metric values.
- Understand your API traffic by using the metrics data that Chat requests emit.
Where to find metrics
Primitives in Communication Services emit metrics for API requests. To find these metrics, see the Metrics tab under your Communication Services resource. You can also create permanent dashboards by using the workbooks tab under your Communication Services resource.
All API request metrics contain three dimensions that you can use to filter your metrics data. These dimensions can be aggregated together by using the
Count aggregation type. They support all standard Azure Aggregation time series, including
For more information on supported aggregation types and time series aggregations, see Advanced features of Azure Metrics Explorer.
- Operation: All operations or routes that can be called on the Azure Communication Services Chat gateway.
- Status Code: The status code response sent after the request.
- StatusSubClass: The status code series sent after the response.
SMS API requests
The following operations are available on SMS API request metrics.
|SMSMessageSent||Sends an SMS message.|
|SMSDeliveryReportsReceived||Gets SMS Delivery Reports|
|SMSMessagesReceived||Gets SMS messages.|