This article lists commonly asked questions about Azure Container Apps together with related answers.
Does Azure Container Apps provide direct access to the underlying Kubernetes API?
No, there is no access to the Kubernetes API.
Can I import my Azure Container Apps API from the context of API Management?
How is Azure Container Apps billed?
Refer to the billing page for details.
Can I set up GitHub Actions to automatically build and deploy my code to Azure Container Apps?
Yes. Using Azure CLI, run
az containerapp github-action -h to see the options. Using Azure portal, navigate to the "Continuous deployment" blade under your container app.
Where does Azure Container Apps store customer data?
Azure Container Apps does not move or store customer data out of the region it's deployed in.
How can I request a quota increase?
To request quota increase, submit a support ticket with the following fields:
|Service Type||Container Apps|
|Summary||An explanation for your request, including:
• What quotas you want increased
• How much of an increase you would like
• Business reasons for the increase
|Problem Type||Configuration and Management|
Please keep in mind the following when it comes to quota increase requests:
Scaling apps vs environments: There are a number of different quotas available to increase. Use these descriptions to help identify your needs:
- Increase apps and cores per environment: Allows you to run more apps within an environment and/or more intensive apps. Recommended if your workloads can deploy within the same network and security boundaries.
- Increasing environments: Recommended if your workloads need network or security boundaries. Note: Additional business context may be required if your request involves increasing environment-level quotas.
Regions: Approvals for increase requests vary based on compute capacity available in Azure regions.
Specific compute requirements: The platform supports 4GB per container app. Memory limits overrides are evaluated on a per-case basis.
Business reasoning for scaling: You may be eligible for a quota increase request if the platform limits are blocking your workload demands. Scale limits overrides are evaluated on a per-case basis.