Change compute quotas in Azure Cosmos DB for PostgreSQL
APPLIES TO: Azure Cosmos DB for PostgreSQL (powered by the Citus database extension to PostgreSQL)
Azure enforces a vCore quota per subscription per region. There are two independently adjustable limits: vCores for coordinator nodes, and vCores for worker nodes.
Request quota increase
- Select New Support Request in the Azure portal menu for your cluster.
- Fill out Summary with the quota increase request for your region, for example Quota increase in West Europe region.
- These fields should be autoselected, but verify:
- Issue Type should be Technical.
- Service type should be Azure Cosmos DB for PostgreSQL.
- For Problem type, select Create, Update, and Drop Resources.
- For Problem subtype, select Scaling Compute.
- Select Next to view recommended solutions, and then select Return to support request.
- Select Next again. Under Problem details, provide the following information:
- For When did the problem start, the date, time, and timezone when the problem started, or select Not sure, use current time.
- For Description, quota increase details, for example Need to increase worker node quota in West Europe to 512 vCores.
- Learn about other quotas and limits.