Create Azure subscriptions programmatically
This article helps you understand options available to programmatically create Azure subscriptions.
Using various REST APIs you can create a subscription for the following Azure agreement types:
- Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA)
- Microsoft Partner Agreement (MPA)
You can't create support plans programmatically. You can buy a new support plan or upgrade one in the Azure portal. Navigate to Help + support and then at the top of the page, select Choose the right support plan.
Requirements and details to create subscriptions differ for different agreements and API versions. See the following articles that apply to your situation:
These articles also show how to create subscriptions with an Azure Resource Manager template (ARM template). An ARM template helps automate the subscription creation process.
If you're still using preview APIs, you can continue to create subscriptions with them.
- After you create a subscription, you can grant that ability to other users and service principals. For more information, see Grant access to create Azure Enterprise subscriptions (preview).
- For more information about managing large numbers of subscriptions using management groups, see Organize your resources with Azure management groups.