Create a consulting service offer
This article explains how to create a consulting service offer for the commercial marketplace using Partner Center.
Before you begin
To publish a consulting service offer, you must:
- Have a commercial marketplace account in Partner Center and ensure your account is enrolled in the commercial marketplace program. See Create a commercial marketplace account in Partner Center and Verify your account information when you enroll in a new Partner Center program.
- Meet certain eligibility requirements to demonstrate expertise in your field.
If you haven’t already done so, read Plan a consulting service offer. It describes the prerequisites and assets you’ll need to create a consulting service offer in Partner Center.
Create a consulting service offer
Sign in to Partner Center.
On the Home page, select the Marketplace offers tile.
On the Marketplace offers page, select + New offer > Consulting service.
In the New Consulting service dialog box, enter an Offer ID. This ID is visible in the URL of the commercial marketplace listing. For example, if you enter test-offer-1 in this box, the offer web address will be
- Each offer in your account must have a unique offer ID.
- Use only lowercase letters and numbers. The offer ID can include hyphens and underscores, but no spaces, and is limited to 50 characters.
- The offer ID can't be changed after you select Create.
Enter an Offer alias. This is the name used for the offer in Partner Center. It isn't visible in the online stores and is different from the offer name shown to customers.
Associate the new offer with a publisher. A publisher represents an account for your organization. You may have a need to create the offer under a particular publisher. If you don’t, you can simply accept the publisher account you’re signed in to.
The selected publisher must be enrolled in the Commercial Marketplace program and cannot be modified after the offer is created.
To generate the offer and continue, select Create.
Configure lead management
When a customer expresses interest or deploys your product, you’ll receive a lead in the Referrals workspace in Partner Center.
You can also connect the product to your customer relationship management (CRM) system to handle leads there.
Connecting to a CRM system is optional.
To configure the lead management in Partner Center:
In Partner Center, go to the Offer setup tab.
Under Customer leads, select the Connect link.
In the Connection details dialog box, select a lead destination from the list.
Complete the fields that appear. For detailed steps, see the following articles:
- Configure your offer to send leads to the Azure table
- Configure your offer to send leads to Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (formerly Dynamics CRM Online)
- Configure your offer to send leads to HTTPS endpoint
- Configure your offer to send leads to Marketo
- Configure your offer to send leads to Salesforce
To validate the configuration you provided, select the Validate link.
When you’ve configured the connection details, select Connect.
Select Save draft.
After you submit your offer for publication in Partner Center, we'll validate the connection and send you a test lead. While you preview the offer before it goes live, test your lead connection by trying to purchase the offer yourself in the preview environment.