Quickstart: Register Spacecraft
To contact a satellite, it must be registered as a spacecraft resource with the required information that identifies it.
- An Azure account with an active subscription. Create an account for free.
Sign in to Azure
Sign in to the Azure portal.
Create spacecraft resource
In the Azure portal search box, enter Spacecraft. Select Spacecraft in the search results.
In the Spacecraft page, select Create.
In Create spacecraft resource, enter or select this information in the Basics tab:
Field Value Subscription Select your subscription Resource Group Select your resource group Name Enter spacecraft name Region Select West US 2 NORAD ID Enter NORAD ID TLE title line Enter TLE title line TLE line 1 Enter TLE line 1 TLE line 2 Enter TLE line 2
TLE stands for Two-Line Element.
Select the Links tab, or select the Next: Links button at the bottom of the page.
In the Links page, enter or select this information:
Field Value Direction Select Uplink or Downlink Center Frequency Enter the center frequency in Mhz Bandwidth Enter the bandwidth in Mhz Polarization Select RHCP, LHCP, or Linear Vertical
Select the Review + create tab, or select the Review + create button.
Request authorization of the new spacecraft resource
- Navigate to the newly created spacecraft resource's overview page.
- Select New support request in the Support + troubleshooting section of the left-hand blade.
- In the New support request page, enter or select this information in the Basics tab:
|Summary||Request Authorization for [Spacecraft Name]|
|Issue type||Select Technical|
|Subscription||Select the subscription in which the spacecraft resource was created|
|Service||Select My services|
|Service type||Search for and select Azure Orbital|
|Problem type||Select Spacecraft Management and Setup|
|Problem subtype||Select Spacecraft Registration|
- Select the Details tab at the top of the page
- In the Details tab, enter this information in the Problem details section:
|When did the problem start?||Select the current date & time|
|Description||List your spacecraft's frequency bands and desired ground stations|
|File upload||Upload any pertinent licensing material, if applicable|
- Complete the Advanced diagnostic information and Support method sections of the Details tab.
- Select the Review + create tab, or select the Review + create button.
- Select Create.
Confirm spacecraft is authorized
- In the Azure portal search box, enter Spacecraft. Select Spacecraft in the search results.
- In the Spacecraft page, select the newly registered spacecraft.
- In the new spacecraft's overview page, check the Authorization status shows Allowed.
Submit and view feedback for