Introduction to the Fitness Store sample app
The first 50 vCPU hours and 100 GB hours of memory are free each month. For more information, see Price Reduction - Azure Spring Apps does more, costs less! on the Apps on Azure Blog.
Azure Spring Apps is the new name for the Azure Spring Cloud service. Although the service has a new name, you'll see the old name in some places for a while as we work to update assets such as screenshots, videos, and diagrams.
This article applies to: ❌ Basic/Standard tier ✔️ Enterprise tier
This quickstart describes the fitness store sample application, which will show you how to deploy polyglot apps to Azure Spring Apps Enterprise tier. You'll see how polyglot applications are built and deployed using Azure Spring Apps Enterprise tier capabilities. These capabilities include Tanzu Build Service, Service Discovery, externalized configuration with Application Configuration Service, application routing with Spring Cloud Gateway, logs, metrics, and distributed tracing.
The following diagram shows a common application architecture:
This architecture shows an application composed of smaller applications with a gateway, multiple databases, security services, monitoring, and automation.
This quickstart applies this architecture to a Fitness Store application. This application is composed of the following services split up by domain:
Three Java Spring Boot applications:
- Catalog Service contains an API for fetching available products.
- Payment Service validates and processes payments for users' orders.
- Identity Service provides reference to the authenticated user.
One Python application:
- Cart Service manages users' items that have been selected for purchase.
One ASP.NET Core application:
- Order Service places orders to buy products that are in the users' carts.
One NodeJS and static HTML application:
- Frontend is the shopping application that depends on the other services.