Connect to Azure Virtual Desktop with the Android client
Applies to: Android 4.1 and later, Chromebooks with ChromeOS 53 and later.
This content applies to Azure Virtual Desktop with Azure Resource Manager Azure Virtual Desktop objects. If you're using Azure Virtual Desktop (classic) without Azure Resource Manager objects, see this article.
You can access Azure Virtual Desktop resources from your Android device with our downloadable client. You can also use the Android client on Chromebook devices that support the Google Play Store. This guide will tell you how to set up the Android client.
Install the Android client
To get started, download and install the client on your Android device.
Subscribe to a feed
Subscribe to the feed provided by your admin to get the list of managed resources you can access on your Android device.
To subscribe to a feed:
- In the Connection Center, tap +, and then tap Workspaces.
- Enter the feed URL into the Feed URL field. The feed URL can be either a URL or an email address.
- If you use a URL, use the one your admin gave you, normally https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/api/arm/feeddiscovery.
- To use email, enter your email address. The client will search for a URL associated with your email address if your admin configured the server that way.
- To connect through the US Gov portal, use https://rdweb.wvd.azure.us/api/arm/feeddiscovery.
- Tap NEXT.
- Provide your credentials when prompted.
- For User name, give the user name with permission to access resources.
- For Password, give the password associated with the user name.
- You may also be prompted to provide additional factors if your admin configured authentication that way.
After subscribing, the Connection Center should display the remote resources.
Once subscribed to a feed, the feed's content will update automatically on a regular basis. Resources may be added, changed, or removed based on changes made by your administrator.
To learn more about how to use the Android client, check out Get started with the Android client.
Submit and view feedback for