Power BI Home
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
These release notes describe functionality that may not have been released yet. To see when this functionality is planned to release, please review What’s new and planned for business intelligence. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
Following the preview of Power BI Home and global search in October '18, we are adding new capabilities based on user feedback before declaring general availability (GA):
- Showing workspaces on Power BI Home, both in the Favorites + frequents section as well as within a new Workspaces section. Workspaces will be shown based on how frequently a user accesses the content list for that workspace.
- Marking a content as a favorite directly on the Home page under the Favorites + frequents section.
- Providing a way to distinguish between the type of content under the Favorites + frequents and Recents sections.
Post GA, we plan to incrementally ship the following features to further enhance the Home experience:
- Organizational branding, allowing administrators to add their company logo, change the header color, and add a background cover image on Home to match their corporate brand.
- Allow administrators or designated content creators to promote and set the default recommended content. By setting default content, an organization can ensure that users have a consistent and standardized experience for navigating within the service.
- Allowing administrators to configure the documentation links in the Learn how to use Power BI section for their tenant.
- Allowing users to choose dashboards or reports that show up on top of Home for an at-a-glance view of their key metrics.
- Migrating featured dashboards to make Home the default landing page for all users.
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Power BI by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback.
- Use the Power BI Ideas site to provide suggestions for improving the product.
- Use the feedback area (Feedback or Is this page helpful?) at the lower right of this page to provide suggestions for improving the content in release notes.