How to instruct Clarity not to place a cookie until you obtain consent?
Go to Clarity > Settings > Setup, and then turn off the Cookies.
After you've made your selection, Clarity will notify you that cookies are off.
Clarity's recordings won't be linked together into multi-page sessions until you inform Clarity of a visitor's consent. Heat maps and data other than session recordings will continue to be available to you.
- If the visitor declines cookies, then you don't need to make any more calls because Clarity won't set cookies.
Here's an example of the sort of call you could add to the event listener for your cookie compliance script, assuming you fire a
consentGranted event when the user accepts cookies:
window.addEventListener("consentGranted", () => window.clarity('consent'));
Once Clarity is informed of the user's consent, we'll provide session data to you that spans multiple pages, so you can take full advantage of our analytical tools.
Steps to confirm Clarity isn't writing cookies
- Clear cookies for your website.
- Navigate to your website.
- Decline to give cookie consent.
- Ensure Clarity is executing (check for the /collect calls).
- Check your browser cookies and observe that there's no entry for _clck or _clsk