Dynamics 365: 2019 release wave 2 plan
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
Download the 2019 release wave 2 PDF (last updated May 5, 2020)
The Dynamics 365 release plan (formerly release notes) for the 2019 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020. You can either browse the release plan online or download the document as a PDF file. The PDF file also includes information about Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Common Data Model and data integration.
2019 release wave 2 overview
The 2019 release wave 2 for Dynamics 365 brings new innovations that provide you with significant capabilities to transform your business.
Dynamics 365 applications
The enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications include hundreds of new capabilities across the business process applications:
- Customer Service
- Field Service
- Project Service Automation
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Central
New addition to the Dynamics 365 applications
Starting in October 2019, we will have a new business process application.
Dynamics 365 Commerce – Built on the proven Dynamics 365 Retail capabilities—delivers a comprehensive omnichannel solution that unifies back-office, in-store, call center, and digital experiences.
Starting in December 2019, we will have a new business process application.
Dynamics 365 Human Resources - Helps HR professionals get the workforce insights needed to build data-driven employee experiences across multiple areas. It connects people and operations data to ensure businesses can optimize workforce costs and take better care of employees.
The 2019 release wave 2 enhances artificial intelligence capabilities to help organizations accelerate their transformation of customer service, sales, and marketing functions:
- Sales Insights empowers teams with more foresight, to enhance productivity and better anticipate outcomes across the sales lifecycle.
- Customer Service Insights provides an actionable view into critical performance metrics, operational data, and emerging trends using industry-leading artificial intelligence.
- Customer Insights enables every organization to unify and understand their customer data to harness it for intelligent insights and actions.
- Market Insights enables business users to gather actionable insights based on what consumers say, seek, and feel about their brands and products.
- Fraud Protection enables the e-commerce merchants to drive down fraud loss, increase bank acceptance rates to yield higher revenue, and improve the online shopping experience.
As of November 2019, Dynamics 365 Virtual Agent for Customer Service will be known as Power Virtual Agents and moved under Power Platform Release Plan.
New additions to the AI apps
Starting in October 2019, we will have two additional artificial intelligence apps:
- Product Insights enables organizations to transform their product development, marketing, sales, and support by acting on real-time insight into their customers’ usage and experience.
- Connected Store enables merchants of brick-and-mortar stores with actionable insights by using data from cloud-connected sensors.
The 2019 release wave 2 continues to add a whole new set of experiences to enhance employee productivity using mixed reality:
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist empowers technicians to solve problems faster the first time.
- Dynamics 365 Layout provides a new way for space planners to bring designs from concept to completion with confidence and speed.
- Dynamics 365 Product Visualize empowers salespeople to convey the true potential of their products to their customers by harnessing the power of augmented reality on their mobile devices.
- Dynamics 365 Guides is a mixed-reality application for Microsoft HoloLens that enables employees to learn in the flow of work by providing holographic instructions when and where they need them.
Key dates for the 2019 release wave 2
This release plan describes functionality that may not have been released yet. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship (see Microsoft policy).
Here are the key dates for the 2019 release wave 2.
|Release plans available||June 10, 2019||Learn about the new capabilities coming in the 2019 release wave 2 (October 2019 – March 2020) across Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform.|
|Release plans available in additional 11 languages||July 8, 2019||The Dynamics 365 and Power Platform release plans are published in Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, and Swedish.|
|Early access available||August 2, 2019||Try and validate the new features and capabilities that will be a part of the 2019 release wave 2, October update, before they get enabled automatically for your users.|
|General availability||October 1, 2019||Production deployment for the 2019 release wave 2 begins. Specific deployment dates for each country or region or instance will be communicated in advance.|
We are listening: New for 2019 release wave 2
In the April ’19 release, we heard feedback that it was not clear which features were turned on automatically and when exactly each feature would be delivered. To address this, we specify when each feature will be available. In addition, we call out how each feature is enabled:
- Users, automatically: These features include changes to the user experience for users and are enabled automatically.
- Admins, makers, or analysts, automatically: These features are meant to be used by administrators, makers, or business analysts and are enabled automatically.
- Users by admins, makers, or analysts: These features must be enabled or configured by the administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users.
You can get ready with confidence knowing which features will be enabled automatically.
We’ve done this work to help you—our partners, customers, and users—drive the digital transformation of your business on your terms. We’re looking forward to engaging with you as you put these new services and capabilities to work, and we’re eager to hear your feedback as you dig into the 2019 release wave 2.
Let us know your thoughts. Share your feedback on the Dynamics 365 community forum. We will use your feedback to make improvements.