Customize forecast models
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|End users, automatically
|Feb 3, 2020
|Apr 1, 2020
Although many organizations follow a common methodology of requiring sellers to forecast best, most likely, and worst-case revenue, there are variations to this approach across industries, products, and geographies. The native forecast capabilities provide flexible configurations and filtering to support multiple types of forecasting, rollup categories, and measurements.
- Use flexible column modeling: Create custom rollup and calculated columns.
- Support different organizational structures: Create forecasts based on territory or reporting hierarchy.
- Benefit from quota management: Enable quotas in the forecast grid or upload quotas for entire forecast time periods using an Excel template.
- Benefit from advanced filtering: Use limits to filter out specific opportunities included in the forecast with the new query builder.
- Adapt security modeling to meet business needs: Select who has access to specific forecast models and fields.
This feature is available in Unified Interface only.
This capability is intended only for Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise.