Improvements in unit price and cost price handling in stock transfer orders for India
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||Jan 1, 2021|
The feature introduces improvements to unit price and cost price handling in stock transfer orders for India. The Stock transfer order functionality is used by customers in India to remain compliant with local tax regulations.
This feature introduces the following improvements in the Stock transfer order functionality for India:
- Default values of Transfer type and Price type can be configured in Inventory and warehouse management parameters.
- Unit price on a stock transfer order line is correctly recalculated based on the inventory dimensions specified on the line until the first shipment is posted for the line.
- Shipment of a stock transfer order line with a unit price of zero can be prevented.
- Correct inventory costs are posted for stock transfer orders in case of partial shipments or receipts, batch-controlled items, and more.
- Unrealized profit or loss is not posted upon the shipment or receipt of a stock transfer line if the unit price differs from the inventory cost price of the item.
- A stock transfer shipment can be canceled with correct reversal of inventory costs and taxes.
The feature also restricts changing units of measure and financial dimensions in stock transfer order lines.
The feature (India) Improvements in unit price and cost price handling in stock transfer orders must be enabled in Feature management.