Engineering Change Management
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Oct 9, 2020||Jan 22, 2021|
The Engineering Change Management Add-in for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management delivers strong product data management, version control, and product change management required by today’s manufacturers to succeed in a world of constantly shrinking product lifecycles, increased quality and reliability requirements, and increased focus on product safety. It helps manufacturers streamline and reduce the cost of managing product data, reduce errors in production, reduce waste when making design changes, and control the introduction of new products.
Engineering Change Management provides the following key features:
- Centralized product data management: Set up an engineering organization that, through a managed release process, ensures that accurate and relevant product data is available to users across the enterprise.
- Product versioning: Track changes to products through product versions, and control versions throughout all stages of the supply chain.
- Product lifecycle management: Manage the visibility of product data across the organization, and control the availability of product versions at each stage of the supply chain. It provides detailed control over when a product version can be used in certain business processes.
- Engineering change management: Enable users throughout the organization to request changes to products. Use engineering change orders to assess and document the impact of proposed changes. Add workflows to manage the engineering change process and the release of new versions of a product. -Readiness control: Provide system checks and user guidance (using questionnaires and checklists) to ensure necessary product data is fully populated before a product is released.
- Enhanced release product functionality: Enables the release of a fully configured product version from an engineering organization (legal entity) to other legal entities.