Email receipt improvements and new features
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Commerce. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Jan 29, 2021||Apr 2, 2021|
Emailed receipts provide retailers with opportunities for customer engagement while serving as a vital component in contactless shopping scenarios. This release provides new flexibility and customizability for emailed receipts that allow retailers to configure and tailor emailed receipt experiences by receipt type.
This release provides the following new email receipt capabilities:
- Ability to email common receipt types: Receipt types that customers typically receive during checkout, as part of gift card balance inquiries, or through the journal, can now be sent via email. Currently, the format for the sales receipt (receipt type 1) is the only receipt type that can be emailed. This restriction is being removed.
- Associate a receipt type with a custom email template: All receipt types can now be mapped to a specific email template.
- Granular configuration of emailed receipts: Receipt types can be individually configured to be emailed. The receipt format for each receipt will offer the following options: always email, do not email, and prompt user.
- Options for emailed gift receipts: Cashiers will have the option of selecting different products to be included in the emailed gift receipt versus the printed gift receipt.
- Better email receipt authoring: HTML can now be uploaded for email receipts without having to remove carriage returns and line feeds.
Design a receipt layout (learn)