Improved user experience for pickup order processing in point of sale
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Commerce. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Jan 29, 2021||Apr 2, 2021|
This feature provides improved user experiences when selecting items for pickup from the point-of-sale (POS) Recall Order or Order Fulfillment pages.
This feature improves upon the user experience in POS when working with customer pickup orders. When users choose the Pick up operation from the Recall Order or Order Fulfillment pages in POS, they will have an improved user experience for choosing the items for pickup.
This is the final feature released in the 2021 release wave 1 that improves the overall buy-online, pickup-in-store (or curbside) experience. Previous released features in 10.0.15 and 10.0.16 that align to this area can also be enabled along with this feature to allow for an overall improved pickup-in-store experience:
- Support for multiple pickup delivery modes (controlled by feature management).
- Optional support for configuring timeslots for store pickup (configured in Commerce HQ).
- Improved recall order operations in POS (controlled by feature management).
- Customize transactional email templates by mode of delivery (controlled by feature management).
- Card-not-present processing for pickup orders without hardware station (configured in Commerce HQ on registers).