Tax – enhanced global withholding tax
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Finance. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Feb 1, 2021||Apr 1, 2021|
Tax withholding is a requirement in a number of countries. We’ve enhanced the process for determining the need for withholding tax, and its calculation, posting, and settlement.
The global withholding tax enhancements include the following:
- Item withholding tax group (WHT on line level) for accounts payable
- Withholding tax payment
- Withholding tax in accounts receivable
- Threshold on invoice amount
- Withholding tax calculation for miscellaneous charges
- Invoice amount to be paid in withholding currency
- Withholding tax payment against vendor account of tax authority
Global withholding tax (docs)
Withholding tax (learn)