Overview of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 2021 release wave 1
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is an end-to-end supply chain solution that enables organizations to gain visibility, resiliency, and efficiency in their supply chain.
2021 release wave 1
The 2021 release wave 1 further empowers Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management users to:
- Provide a single, organization-wide source of truth for inventory quantity on hand with the Inventory Visibility Add-in.
- Enable visibility of goods in transit and calculate landed cost of shipments using landed cost.
- Increase transparency and efficiency for Asset Management users by enabling those companies to bill their customers for the maintenance performed.
- Reduce training time and cost, and increase productivity of warehouse workers with a fresh, user-friendly mobile application.
- Achieve compliance with international accounting standards with the Global Inventory Accounting Add-in.
- Reduce the administrative time and effort associated with maintaining rebates and deductions programs using rebate management.
- Enable customers to execute mission-critical operations without interruption and at scale, building resilience into manufacturing and warehouse operations by extending to edge scale units.
- Help planners at manufacturing companies control their production schedule and determine delivery lead times, giving more flexibility in controlling both lead time buffers and the planning horizon.
Updates to Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management 2021 release wave 1