Manage changes in formulas and their ingredients
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||May 28, 2021||Jul 16, 2021|
Strong product data management, formula management, and change tracking of formulations are required to succeed in a world of constantly shrinking product lifecycles, increased quality and reliability requirements, and increased focus on product safety. This feature helps streamline and reduce the cost of managing product data, reduce errors in production, reduce waste when making design changes, and enable new formulas to be introduced in a controlled way.
With this release, companies leveraging the process manufacturing capabilities in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management will be able to do formula management and manage changes to process manufacturing master data. These formula management capabilities provide the ability to manage changes on:
- Formula and planning items: Manage changes to ingredients in formulas and their co-products and by-products.
- Co-products and by-products: Edit quantities and other information of the co-products and by-products in a formula.
- Catchweight items: Manage changes in catchweight items.
More specifically, the following formula management capabilities are included:
- Centralized product data management: Set up an organization that, through a managed release process, ensures that accurate and relevant product data is available to users across the enterprise.
- Product versioning: Track changes to products through product versions and control the product throughout all stages of the supply chain. This way, you can keep track of the changes in your formulations.
- Product lifecycle management: Manage the visibility of product data across the organization and control the availability of product versions at each stage of the supply chain. You have detailed control over when a product version can be used in certain business processes and can create your own lifecycle states to fit your business needs.
- Formula change management: Users throughout your organization can request changes to formulas. Use change orders to assess and document the impact of proposed changes. Add workflows to manage the change process and the release of new versions of the product and its formula.
- Readiness control: Ensure all necessary product data is fully populated before the product is released by using system checks and user guidance (questionnaires and checklists).
- Enhanced product release functionality: Release fully defined product versions and their formulas from an organization (legal entity) to other legal entities and even decide whether the product information needs to be reviewed or edited before release.