Warehouse execution with scale units in the cloud
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Feb 1, 2021||Apr 1, 2021|
Companies can execute mission-critical manufacturing processes at scale and build resilience into key warehouse processes.
With the Cloud Scale Unit Add-in for Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, warehouse resilience is accomplished by placing scale units at, or near, each warehouse. The scale units operate independently and allow the warehouses to remain operational during a connectivity failure, maintenance outage, and other events that might disrupt operations.
The warehouse execution workload for this release provides the following capabilities when running on a scale unit:
- Warehouse managers can select the wave-processing methods used for sale orders and transfer orders (including demand replenishment and containerization).
- Warehouse workers can execute sale orders, transfer orders, and demand replenishment for warehouse work using the warehouse mobile application (warehouse app).
- Warehouse workers can register purchase orders and conduct putaway using the warehouse app.
- Warehouse workers can create and execute inventory movements using the warehouse app.
- Warehouse workers can perform inquiries into on-hand inventory using the warehouse app.
- Warehouse workers can print license plates and process batch-number tracked items using the warehouse app.