Improve the experience of getting started with Power BI
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to New and Planned for Dynamics 365 Business Central. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Mar 1, 2021
|Apr 1, 2021
Clear and precise guidance on how to start your journey with Business Central and Power BI and where you are in the process are important for smooth onboarding. Making the necessary steps easy to follow and repeat makes the new employee learning experience smoother and raises the overall product quality.
With this edition of Business Central, we have simplified the getting started and onboarding experience with Power BI. The Getting started with Power BI feature now runs as a wizard that guides the user through all the necessary steps. Notable features of this new experience include:
- Guidance about how to start with Power BI, with an added link to get a free license.
- Much faster Power BI license check process.
- Controlled deployment of demo reports converted to easy-to-follow steps.
- The whole experience now meets accessibility standards.
- Added guidance about Azure Active Directory registration that's needed for on-premises customers (NEW).
- Additional option to reset the onboarding process and Power BI license information, so you can start from scratch (for troubleshooting) (NEW).
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Dynamics 365 Business Central by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback. Use the forum at https://aka.ms/bcideas.