Plan and prepare for Dynamics 365 Commerce in 2021 release wave 2
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new and planned in Dynamics 365 Commerce. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
The 2021 release wave 2 plan covers all new functionalities planned to be delivered to market from October 2021 to March 2022. In this article, you'll find the product overview and what's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Commerce.
Dynamics 365 Commerce is an end-to-end solution delivering seamless commerce across all channels, encompassing sales, mobility, intelligence, and productivity, to help customer-facing businesses achieve more in a cloud-first, mobile-first way. The app offers comprehensive support to operate a broad range of business processes including e-commerce, clienteling, point of sale, call center, merchandising, inventory, and channel management capabilities, while providing a unified and immersive customer experience (for B2C and B2B engagements) across physical and digital channels.
Organizations can drive better business outcomes with Commerce through:
- Engaging customers across channels: Give your customers or partners the option to purchase when, how, and where they want—on any device—by delivering a frictionless and consistent engagement across physical and digital channels.
- Getting everything to build and run digital commerce: Grow your business with a unified digital commerce solution that scales to meet your needs across business and consumer sales.
- Enabling AI-driven intelligent commerce: Delight your customers with engaging, personalized, and item-based AI-powered recommendations discovery experiences to increase repeat visits, customer retention and loyalty, while increasing conversions and average order values.
- Modernizing retail stores and streamlining operations: Create personalized and friction-free retail commerce experiences through user-friendly applications powered by robust back-office operations.
- Gaining agility and scalability through a natively headless solution: Support traditional and emerging channels by using an agile, API-driven headless commerce engine to help adapt to current and emerging needs.
Key investments for this wave include:
- Customer segmentation and targeting: Digital commerce organizations will be able to use site builder to target customer segments with specific page layouts and content.
- Integration with Microsoft Clarity: Organizations can use Microsoft Clarity to view how users interact with pages across their site, including mouse-action recordings, heatmaps, and analytics.
- Customer-specific catalogs: Organizations can define specific product catalogs by business partner organization, which will restrict the business buyers to see and order products only from the catalog associated with their organization.
- Enhanced reordering experience: Business buyers will be able to reorder the entirety of a past order or pick and choose individual products from a past order for reorder.
- Reassign admin privileges: Admins of business partner organizations can designate one or many other users as admins and will also be able to revoke the admin privileges of another admin user.
Updates to Dynamics 365 Commerce 2021 release wave 2
Download the release overview guide and share with your team as you plan to onboard the new capabilities included in this release wave.
* Overview guide available in English version only.
To learn more about the entire set of capabilities being delivered during this release wave, check out the release plan for Dynamics 365 Commerce below:
For application administrators
User-impacting features to the user experience enabled automatically
User-impacting features should be reviewed by application administrators. This facilitates release change management and enables successful onboarding of new capabilities released to market. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users, automatically" in the release plan.
Features that must be enabled by application administrators
This release wave contains features that must be enabled or configured by administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users by admins, makers, or analysts" in the release plan.
Get the most out of Commerce
|Release plan||View all capabilities included in the release.|
|Product updates||Stay up to date on latest product updates.|
|Release calendar||Know important release milestones.|
|Licensing||Improve your understanding of how to license Commerce.|
|Product documentation||Find documentation for Commerce.|
|User community||Engage with Commerce experts and peers in the community.|
|Upcoming events||Find and register for in-person and online events.|
|Product trials||Get started with Commerce.|