Improved stock count operation in POS
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new and planned in Dynamics 365 Commerce. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Dec 3, 2021||Feb 4, 2022|
With this new capability, Dynamics 365 Commerce customers can improve the productivity of in-store personnel by enabling core stock counting activities directly in point of sale (POS) and eliminating the need to use Commerce headquarters or the Warehousing mobile app.
This feature introduces several functional and experience enhancements to the stock count operation in the POS app:
- An optimized user experience for scanning barcodes that provides an easier way to add counting lines and update counted quantity.
- Support of in-parallel counting by multiple users. Counted quantities can be entered by users separately with data reconciliation occurring afterward.
- Support of serial-controlled items by entering serial numbers, and location-controlled items by specifying counting location during the counting process.
- New worker permission in Commerce headquarters to control whether the counting results submitted from POS should be directly posted to backend ERP system or should involve review processes.
- The improved operation uses the asynchronous document processing framework to eliminate timeout issues in the current stock count operation when users attempt to post large counting journals to Commerce headquarters.
- The review function is embedded in the operation to facilitate necessary data validations and ensure smooth processing and error handling.