Tax Calculation service – supporting tax in transfer order
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new or changed in Dynamics 365 Finance. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Apr 16, 2021||Oct 8, 2021|
The digitalization of tax and the steady stream of indirect tax regulations that global businesses encounter, such as VAT and GST, have further complicated existing processes by introducing new industry and compliance risks that challenge leaders in every global enterprise.
Tax Calculation allows you to improve compliance with associated local regulations. The new, configurable microservice (preview) enhances the tax determination and calculation capabilities in Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. Tax Calculation is fully integrated out of the box, and enables you to:
- Automate and standardize tax determinations and calculations across countries or regions.
- Use a configurable tax determination matrix and flexible calculation designer to configure and execute complex tax determination rules and calculations by using formulae and conditions.
- Simplify compliance maintenance for local tax regulations.
This feature is part of the Tax Calculation capabilities to support indirect tax determination, calculation, posting, and settlement on inventory transfer order transactions. The feature supports the following:
- Indirect tax determination, calculation, and posting support for shipping transfer orders.
- Indirect tax determination, calculation, and posting support for receiving transfer orders.
- Indirect tax settlement support for transfer order transactions.
- VAT ID determination support for shipping transfer orders.
- VAT ID determination support for receiving transfer orders.
Thank you for your idea
Thank you for submitting this idea. We listened to your idea, along with comments and votes, to help us decide what to add to our product roadmap.