Bank and payment reconciliations
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Business Central. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users, automatically||Sep 1, 2021||Oct 1, 2021|
Bank and payment reconciliations are key processes for all businesses by providing an overview of whether the cash flow is accurate, and that all transactions have been accounted for. In this release wave, we have focused on the bank reconciliation process.
The Bank Reconciliation page has been enhanced with the following capabilities:
- Bank ledger entries are now filtered so only ledger entries after the statement's ending date are shown, making it simpler to get an overview.
- The layout of the test report has been cleaned up, making it simpler to read. The report will also use the statement date as a filter for the G/L account as well as the bank account, so that the focus is on the period being reconciled.
- When applying auto-matching, the user can decide to not overwrite any of the already matched entries, or to overwrite all.
- Many-to-1 matching is now possible so many bank statement lines can be matched against one bank ledger entry. This will support scenarios such as a bank statement splitting up sales into payment methods for which you only posted one bank ledger entry.
- When you transfer differences to be posted in a general journal, the entries will be auto-matched when you return to the bank reconciliation, reducing the redundant manual step.
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Dynamics 365 Business Central by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback. Use the forum at https://aka.ms/bcideas.
Thank you for your idea
Thank you for submitting this idea. We listened to your idea, along with comments and votes, to help us decide what to add to our product roadmap.
Bank reconciliation and payment reconciliation journals in Dynamics 365 Business Central (video)
Reconcile Bank Accounts (docs)