Plan and prepare for Dynamics 365 Marketing in 2022 release wave 1
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new in Dynamics 365 Marketing. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
The 2022 release wave 1 plan covers all new functionalities planned to be delivered to market from April 2022 to September 2022. In this article, you'll find the product overview and what's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Marketing.
Dynamics 365 Marketing combines the worlds of customer experience and marketing automation, empowering businesses to orchestrate personalized journeys across all touchpoints, strengthening relationships and earning loyalty.
Over the past two years, a large number of interactions—social and professional—have moved to a digital format. This has led to the creation of a tremendous amount of data. With this release, we aim to enable you to efficiently harness the full power of your data and out-of-the-box AI insights to not only survive, but also thrive in these times. We aim to enable you to engage with your customers on their terms and deliver connected experiences across every customer touchpoint.
We have three themes to help you better engage your customers and create raving fans for your business:
- Enable moments-based marketing with real-time, event-based journey orchestration for all business scenarios.
- Use the power of data and AI to personalize interactions across the customer journey.
- Collaborate across people, departments, and applications to create engaging campaigns.
Updates to Dynamics 365 Marketing 2022 release wave 1
Download the release overview guide and share with your team as you plan to onboard the new capabilities included in this release wave.
* Overview guide available in English version only
Data and AI
- Win customer attention by creating conditional dynamic content with easy-to-use no-code experiences.
- Measure campaign effectiveness with a new channel analytics dashboard.
- Quickly create emails with enhanced reusable content fragments.
- Quickly personalize emails using predefined dynamic text, without the need to know the underlying data structure.
- Connect Dynamics 365 Customer Insights with customer journey orchestration when using your own data lake.
- Collaborate across your organization to create the best marketing campaigns possible using built-in Microsoft Teams chat.
- Personalize interactions using a unified view of customer activity across Dynamics 365 Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service.
- Trigger journeys based on data changes in any Dynamics 365 app to engage customers at the right time without writing any code.
- Take action with your customers in more ways by raising triggers from a journey to run another journey or Power Automate flow.
- Target the right contacts and leads using the reimagined, easy-to-use segmentation builder.
- Continue the conversation with your customers by acting on their SMS replies.
- Create more personalized journey variations using multiple journey branches.
- Create emails faster with precise drag-and-drop, in-context menus, and easy-select interactions.
- Use outbound subscription centers in real-time journeys.
- Create individualized journeys by adding conditions based on attributes captured as part of the event trigger.
- Create content faster using improved email layout templates.
- Use additional triggers to create customer journeys.
To learn more about the entire set of capabilities being delivered during this release wave, check out the release plan for Dynamics 365 Marketing below:
For application administrators
User-impacting features to the user experience enabled automatically
User-impacting features should be reviewed by application administrators. This facilitates release change management and enables successful onboarding of new capabilities released to market. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users, automatically" in the release plan.
Features that must be enabled by application administrators
This release wave contains features that must be enabled or configured by administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users by admins, makers, or analysts" in the release plan.
Get the most out of Marketing
|Release plan||View all capabilities included in the release.|
|Product updates||Stay up to date on latest product updates.|
|Release calendar||Know important release milestones.|
|Licensing||Improve your understanding of how to license Marketing.|
|Product documentation||Find documentation for Marketing.|
|User community||Engage with Marketing experts and peers in the community.|
|Upcoming events||Find and register for in-person and online events.|
|Product trials||Get started with Marketing.|