New capabilities for financial reporting with account schedules
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Business Central. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users, automatically||Mar 1, 2022||Apr 1, 2022|
The presentation of financial reports is an important part of how people consume them. Reports must provide business insights in a way that enables people to easily recognize the report and quickly identify the important data. In Business Central, account schedules are the main tool for creating user-defined financial reports. This release provides new capabilities for account schedules that make it easier for people to produce reports in the layout they desire.
Financial reports can be generated using new capabilities for account schedules:
- You can control how the number zero is printed (as "0", "-", or (blank)). When skipping zero-lines you can now keep Headers, Begin-totals, and End-Total in order to keep the schedules structure legible.
- When you define account schedules, you can use G/L account categories as Totaling filter for columns.
- The Account Schedules Overview supports 15 columns so that you can view budgets for 12 months and a total.
- You can export and import account schedules to or from files, which makes it easier to reuse them between companies.
- Headings (Begin-totals) are kept when printing to keep the structure of the account schedule. You can also choose to print lines marked as not to be shown, which makes validating the account schedules easier to do when you're designing them.
Tell us what you think
Help us improve Dynamics 365 Business Central by discussing ideas, providing suggestions, and giving feedback. Use the forum at https://aka.ms/bcideas.
Thank you for your idea
Thank you for submitting this idea. We listened to your idea, along with comments and votes, to help us decide what to add to our product roadmap.
Prepare Financial Reporting with Account Schedules and Account Categories (docs)