Accelerate Dynamics 365 Adoption checklist
Dynamics 365 enables real digital transformation. A big part of that transformation includes how organizational processes and people work. This checklist can help your team accelerate your transformation by focusing on the people and process side of your solution.
⬜ Get the most out of basic and premium support plan benefits. Beyond technical support, many plans also include access to experts and training.
⬜ Join the user group for Dynamics 365. Connect with other Dynamics 365 users and a local Microsoft representative who can answer questions, share best practices, and more.
⬜ Build an adoption plan to drive your people and processes transformation. Identify and include the key stakeholders, usage scenarios, communications, and training plans.
⬜ Accelerate adoption with partner adoption, change, and training services. Many partners are certified in change management and have tools to accelerate transformation.
⬜ Empower end users with resources for learning and answers to help you scale. A variety of resources are available to get answers, training, and to learn about more capabilities.
Get the most out of support plans
Support plans are more than just technical support. Understand how to get answers to technical issues and how to leverage other benefits. Compare the support plans below and online.
Get the most out of Basic Subscription Support Plan benefits
- Unlimited support with less than 1 hour technical support response times for your most critical cases.
- Product-focused blogs that provide the latest updates from engineering.
- Join the Microsoft Dynamics 365 User Group Experience or Dynamics 365 online community to post questions and review answers from other customers, MVPs, and Microsoft engineers.
- Dynamics 365 complete docs for access to the latest documentation resources 24 hours a day.
Get more benefits from the Professional Direct Support Offering
- Priority routing: Connect 1:1 with support concierge’s engineer every time, with quicker access to support escalation engineers.
- Ask the Expert webinars: Microsoft experts share their knowledge and expertise on specific Dynamics 365 topics.
- Service Delivery Management: Includes advisory, upgrade, and release readiness, crisis management, and escalation assistance. Delivery managers can help with customized delivery plans and monthly 1:1 service reviews to track progress toward business goals.
- Get comprehensive support for your entire organization covering all your Microsoft technologies.
- Increase internal subject matter expertise with on-demand learning and take control of your IT health with as-needed assessment tools.
Join the Microsoft User Group Experience for Dynamics 365
Together with Microsoft and thousands of other Dynamics 365 users, we are here to help you accelerate adoption and deployment.
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 User Group Experience is the official user group to connect with Dynamics 365 users globally, helping you achieve more together through education, training, and events. You will always have someone to lean on who has “been there” and “done that.” When you join a local user group, you'll have access to and support from a local Microsoft contact who can help answer all your questions and concerns. The Microsoft User Group Experience offers invaluable networking, knowledge sharing, case studies, and training on all things Dynamics 365.
- 24/7 access to educational training (both live and recorded). Topics include faster adoption and tips & tricks.
Answers to questions
- Discussion forums to ask questions and receive answers from other Dynamics 365 product users.
- Industry- and role-specific discussions and product training webinars from live instructors.
- Free local and regional user group events near you.
- Learn from others like you in person and virtually.
Personalized onboarding and orientation
- Meet with your user group engagement manager to walk through all the user group benefits for you and your team.
This is all available to you for FREE!
Build an adoption and change plan
The Dynamics 365 Adoption Guide provides an easy-to-follow framework to guide you through the adoption process. Each phase is broken into simple steps that guide you to the best practices, resources, and tools you need to build and deploy a customized adoption approach.
The Adoption Planning Workbook includes templates you can use to build your plan. The Team Members guide helps you assemble the right team. The Champions guide walks through the steps of building a champions program.
Accelerate adoption, change, and learning with partners
Partners have a range of services that can support the people and process side of your digital transformation.
Formal change management, such as Prosci, have proven approaches to overcoming people’s natural resistance to change. Many partners are certified in change management. Microsoft also provides partners with adoption and change frameworks, tools, and best practices through the Partner Customer Program. Ask your Microsoft point person or partner about these services.
Formal change management
Many partners can deliver change management services:
- Goal and stakeholder alignment
- Scenarios and business process
- KPIs and metrics
- Awareness and communication plans
- Management process and reporting
Microsoft and partners have tools to help teams understand:
- Clarity of business goals
- Project complexity
- Scenario and stakeholder alignment
- Organizational readiness
Learning and training
A variety of options from Dynamics 365 partners with training services and Microsoft Learning Partners:
- Training on standard and customized functionality
- In-person and virtual training
- Reinforcement and on-going training for new employees
Dynamics 365 learning and answer resources
Primary destination for Dynamics 365 learning with free videos, tutorials, and hands-on learning:
- Step-by-step training to fit your schedule
- Role-based, from beginner to advanced
- Earn achievements and recognition for your Microsoft skills
Download and take e-learning courses on a range of topics. These courses (previously accessed through CustomerSource) are now available for free on the community site.
Product-based training to help prepare people to use the services and apps effectively.
How-to videos, product announcements, success stories, Tech Talks.
Get answers from the web and communities
If your product question is: “How do I ... in Dynamics 365,” try typing it into a search engine.
- Post questions in forums, or search forums, blogs, and videos to find answers to your questions.
- Access e-learning.
- Independent member-driven education, networking, and events.
- Post questions, find answers, get education, connect with peers.
- Connect with your local Microsoft Contact.