Essential AL Methods
Although there are hundreds of methods in AL, there are several methods that you'll use more often than the others. It doesn't mean that the rest of the methods are obsolete or that you'll never use them. However, it does mean that if you're familiar with this small set of essential methods, you'll be able to accomplish many tasks when you're programming in AL. When you want to add more specialized functionality to your applications, you can learn about more of the methods.
The articles in this section describe the most common AL methods. For more information about all of the AL methods, see AL Method Reference.
- Get, Find, and Next Methods
- SetCurrentKey, SetRange, SetFilter, GetRangeMin, and GetRangeMax Methods
- Insert, Modify, ModifyAll, Delete, and DeleteAll Methods
- LockTable Method
- Field Calculation Methods
- Progress Windows, Message, Error, and Confirm Methods
- StrMenu Method