Get Started with the Shopify Connector
Connect your Shopify store (or stores) with Business Central and maximize your business productivity. Manage and view insights from your business and your Shopify store as one unit.
To use Shopify with Business Central, you have to do a couple of things first. This article serves as a guide to integrate your Shopify store with Business Central.
Prerequisites for Shopify
You must have:
- A Shopify account
- A Shopify online store
For more information on how to create Shopify trials and recommended settings, go to Creating and Setting Up Shopify Account.
Prerequisites for Business Central
Make sure that the Shopify Connector app is installed.
The app is pre-installed for all new sign-ups and trials. Learn more about installing apps from AppSource at Installing and Uninstalling Extensions. Follow the steps listed below if you don't have Business Central.
Ensure that user has enough permissions. Shopify Connector is covered by the Shopify – Admin (SHPFY – ADMIN) permission set. Learn more at Create Users According to Licenses and Assign Permissions to Users and Groups
Install the Dynamics 365 Business Central app to your Shopify online store
For existing Business Central, this step is optional and can be skipped.
Locate the Dynamics 365 Business Central app on the Shopify AppStore
Choose the Add App button. Sign in to your Shopify account if prompted. Select the required online shop if you've more than one.
After reviewing privacy and permissions, choose the Install App button.
You can find and open the installed Dynamics 365 Business Central app in the Apps section on the sidebar of the Shopify admin page.
Choose Sign up now to start the Business Central trial or Sign in if you already have Business Central. You'll be redirected to your Business Central page.
The next steps should be done in Business Central.
Connect Business Central to the Shopify online store
- Choose the icon, enter Shopify Shop and choose the related link.
- Choose the New action.
- In the Code field, enter the code that will make it easy to find in Business Central. For example, a name might reflect what a shop sells, such as "Furniture" or "Coffee", or the country or region it serves.
- In the Shopify URL field, enter your online shop URL, which needs to be connected. Use the following format:
- Activate the Enabled toggle, review, and accept the terms and conditions.
- If prompted, sign in to your Shopify account, review the privacy terms and permissions, then choose the Install App button.
Repeat steps 2-6 for all online shops that you want to connect.
- The browser blocks the pop-up window. When you activate the Enabled toggle the system opens the Waiting for a response - do not close this page page, that is waiting for an access token from Shopify, if that page is closed or blocked - you can't connect to Shopify. Learn more at Request the access token
- Oauth error invalid_request: Could not find Shopify API application with api_key
- Can't connect from sandbox
Now your online shop is connected to Business Central. In the next steps, you'll define how and what to synchronize.
Submit and view feedback for