Assign Default Bins to Items
If you are using bins at a location, assigning default bins to your items can make the process of shipping, receiving, and moving your items much easier. When a default bin is assigned to an item, this bin is suggested every time you initiate a transaction for this item. Default bins are defined on the Bin Content page.
To assign a default bin to an item
- Choose the icon, enter Bin Content Creation Worksheet, and choose the related link.
- Fill in the bin code and item information for each bin that you would like to set up as a default for an item. Make sure to select the Default field.
- Choose the Create Bin Content action. Default bins are now assigned for your item.
When an item is put away, if the item does not have a default bin assigned, the bin where the item is put away is assigned as the default.
To change the default bin for an item
You may need to change the default bin assignment for an item or assign a default bin to a new item.
- Choose the icon, enter Bin Contents, and then choose the related link.
- In the Location Filter field, select the appropriate location code.
- Find the current default bin content entry for the item and clear the Default Bin check box.
- Find the bin content line for the bin that you would like as the new default bin. Select the Default Bin check box.
When an item is put away for the first time, and the item does not have a default bin assigned, the system will assign the bin where the item is put away as the default bin for the item.