Set Up Warehouse Employees
You must set up each user who performs warehouse activities as a warehouse employee and assign them to a default location. Business Central filters warehouse activities to the employee's default location. They can only perform the warehouse activities at the location. You can also assign a user to other locations. They can access but not perform activities at those locations.
To set up warehouse employees
- Choose the icon, enter Warehouse Employees, and then choose the related link.
- Choose the New action.
- Select the User ID field, and then select the user to be added as a warehouse employee. Choose the OK button.
- In the Location Code field, enter the code of the location where the user will be working.
- Turn on the Default toggle to specify that this is the only location where the employee can perform warehouse activities.
- Repeat these steps to assign other employees to locations or assign other locations to existing warehouse employees.
You can also use the Add me as warehouse employee action to quickly add yourself to the list of warehouse employees. For example, this is useful when you're testing the capabilities.