Review data unification
Dynamics 365 Marketing and Dynamics 365 Customer Insights are now Customer Insights - Journeys and Customer Insights - Data. For more information, see Dynamics 365 Customer Insights FAQs.
Review the summary of changes, create the unified profile, and review the results.
Review and create customer profiles
This last step in the unification process shows a summary of the steps in the process and provides a chance to make changes before you create the unified profile.
The following steps and images reflect the first time you go through the unification process. To edit existing unification settings, see Update the unification settings.
Select Edit on any of the data unification steps to review and make any changes.
If you're satisfied with your selections, select Create customer profiles. The Unify page displays while the unified customer profile is being created.
Select the status to open the Progress details pane and view the progress of the tasks. To cancel the job, select Cancel job at the bottom of the pane.
Under each task, you can select See details for more progress information, such as processing time, the last processing date, and any applicable errors and warnings associated with the task or process. Select the View system status at the bottom of the panel to see other processes in the system.
The unification algorithm takes some time to complete and you can't change the configuration until it completes.
View the results of data unification
After unification, the Data > Unify page shows the number of unified customer profiles. The results of each step in the unification process display on each tile. For example, Customer data shows the number of mapped columns and Deduplication rules shows the number of duplicate records found.
The Matching rules tile displays only if multiple tables were selected.
We recommend you review the results, particularly the quality of your match rules and refine them if necessary.
When needed, make changes to the unification settings and rerun the unified profile.
Verify output tables from data unification
Go to Data > Tables to verify the output tables.
The unified customer profile table, called Customer, displays in the Profiles section. The first successful unification run creates the unified Customer table. All subsequent runs expand that table.
Deduplication and conflation tables are created and display in the System section. A deduplicated table for each of the source tables is created with the name Deduplication_DataSource_Table. The ConflationMatchPairs table contains information about cross-table matches.
A deduplication output table contains the following information:
- IDs / Keys
- Primary key and Alternate ID fields. Alternate ID field consists of all the alternate IDs identified for a record.
- Deduplication_GroupId field shows the group or cluster identified within a table that groups all the similar records based on the specified deduplication fields. It's used for system processing purposes. If there are no manual deduplication rules specified and system defined deduplication rules apply, you may not find this field in the deduplication output table.
- Deduplication_WinnerId: This field contains the winner ID from the identified groups or clusters. If the Deduplication_WinnerId is same as the Primary key value for a record, it means that the record is the winner record.
- Fields used to define the deduplication rules.
- Rule and Score fields to denote which of the deduplication rules got applied and the score returned by the matching algorithm.