Assign user permissions
Access to Customer Insights is restricted to users in your organization that are added to the application by an admin. An admin can add, edit, or remove users. A user can be a single user, group, or application. There are three types of roles a user can have:
- Explore insights and segments within the Home and Segments pages.
- Search and filter customer profiles using the Customers page. Fields must be searchable.
- View and explore the Enrichment page.
- Explore and export entities using the Entities page.
- View the status of system processes using the System page.
- View exports in Exports page.
- Install and use the Power BI Customer Insights dashboard.
- All permissions available to the Viewer.
- Load and transform data using the Data sources page.
- Complete Data Unification which result in the unified customer profile entity.
- Define Relationships and Activities.
- Create segments using the Segments page.
- Create measures using the Measures page.
- Manage configuration and enrich customer profiles from the Enrichment page (for first party enrichments only).
- Manage and create exports based on connections shared with contributors.
- All permissions available to the Contributor.
- Change settings on the System page, including the working language, refresh schedules for your system processes, and exporting diagnostic logs.
- Change settings on the Security page, including users, API keys, private links, and key vault.
- Set search and filter definitions for the Customers page using the Search & filter index page (accessible via the Customers page).
- Manage connections and allow them for other user roles on Connections page.
- Manage configuration and enrich customer profiles from the Enrichment page (for all enrichments).
- Manage and create exports on Exports page.
- Install and use the Customer Card Add-in.
- Add and use the Power Apps connector.
- Enable usage of Customer Insights APIs.
- Assign environment ownership to another admin.
- All permissions available to the Admin.
- Reset and delete the environment.
Go to Admin > Security and select the Users tab.
Select Add users to open the Add/Edit permissions pane.
Use the Search field to find the Azure Active Directory user or group you want to add. Select a Role to assign to that user or group.
Select Save. The current environment is automatically shared with the user or members of the group. Users can access the Customer Insights app and work according to their specified role.
View current permissions
Go to Admin > Security and select the Users tab to view the list of active users and their role assignments. You can sort the list of users by any column or use the search box to find a particular user.
Manage current users
Go to Admin > Security and select the Users tab. You can sort the list of users by any column or use the search box to find the user you want to manage.
Select a user to view available actions.
- Edit to edit the user's role in Customer Insights. Select Save to confirm the change.
- Remove to remove the user from having access to Customer Insights. Select Delete to confirm the deletion.