Add a skill control for routed records
Dynamics 365 provides a custom control that you can embed in your forms to view the skills of any routed record. To display the skill control for the routed record in the Customer Service workspace or Omnichannel for Customer Service app, add the control to the multisession form.
- To add the skill control, you must have the System Administrator or System Customizer security role, or equivalent permissions. For more information about your security role, go to View your user profile.
- To ensure that the skill control is loaded and displayed for the routed records, you must allow access to these websites.
Add skill control
In the following example, to add a skill control named Skills to the case form:
In Dynamics 365, go to Advanced Settings and select the Case for Interactive experience form for the Case entity.
Drag and drop a One Column section on to the form. Then, from the Field Explorer pane, drag and drop a field that supports a single line of text such as Case Title.
Select Change Properties on the Home tab, and in the Field Properties dialog that opens, do the following:
- On the Display tab, enter a label name for the field, such as Skills.
- On the Controls tab, select Add Control. The Add Control dialog opens.
- Select the CC_OCRoutedEtnRelatedRecordsControl custom control from the dropdown list, and then select OK.
Save and publish the solution.
At runtime, your agents will be able to view the skill control on all routed case records in Customer Service Hub.
Though we don't recommend setting up parameters for the skill control, if you want to manually enter the logical collection name or the relationship name of the record, you can use the following OData queries to get the information.
Logical collection name: Run the following OData query and enter the same in the Value field of the CC_OCRoutedEntityName_value property.
Relationship name: Run any of the following OData queries for one-to-many, many-to-one, or many-to-many relationships, and enter the same in the Value field of the CC_OCRoutedEntityRelationshipName_value property.
Submit and view feedback for