Use enhanced case forms to manage cases
The enhanced case management experience in Customer Service workspace allows agents to verify and edit customer details without switching tabs, add updates to existing cases without interrupting the case creation flow, and avoids case duplication.
Create cases using quick create from
You can use a quick create form to create a new case from within a form without navigating to a different page.
For example, if you select New Case in the Customer Service Agent Dashboard, a quick create form for a new case appears as a flyout.
Depending on the settings enabled for you, you'll see the Enhanced Quick case form or Default Quick case form: case that are explained as follows:
A few scenarios where the enhanced quick case form appears is when you select New Case in the following:
- Customer Service Agent Dashboard.
- AI-generated summary of a customer conversation.
- contact or account form
- Active conversation form
- Child cases subgrid on an existing case.
You can perform the following actions when the quick case form is open:
- Access, copy, or edit the information in the background form or view. You can also paste information from the background to the case form.
- On New Case, you can specify data in the following tabs:
- Required fields such as Customer and Title of the case.
- Description: Add information related to the case. The rich text editor toolbar helps you format text, add images and links to this field. You can also drag and drop files on to the description section.
- Color coded Case Status fields and Priority icons.
- Case notes: You can add relevant information such as the steps tried to resolve the issue or important details that have to be included as notes without having to save the case. The rich text editor toolbar helps you format text, add images and links in this field. You can use either the attachment icon to upload attachments or drag and drop files.
- Attachments: Select Add Attachment to upload multiple attachments at once.
- If you’d like to provide additional information, you can switch to the main case form. All the details you've added to the case are added automatically when you switch to the main form.
Create a case from the main case form
You can create a new case from the main case form. Depending on whether your administrator has enabled the enhanced Full case form in Customer Service admin center, you'll see one of the following layouts.
Depending on the settings enabled for you, you'll see the Enhanced full case form form or Default main case form: case that are explained as follows:
On the enhanced full case form, you can perform the following actions:
- Specify the customer to display the relevant customer details and recent cases on Customer Card and Recent cases.
- Use Case Notes and Description to record notes and information related to the case. The rich text editor toolbar helps you format text, add images and links to these field. You can also drag and drop files on to the description section.
- Attachments: Select + Add Attachment to upload multiple attachments at once.
- View color coded Case Status fields and Priority icons.
- Save and Resolve: The form has an additional option to save the case and initiate the case resolution process.
View an existing case using enhanced Full case form
If you save the case using the enhanced full case form, you'll see the following:
- An SLA timer that displays the time within which the agents must first respond to a customer and the time by which they must resolve the case.
- Links with the activities associated to the case that are either due that day or past their due date. You can select the link to view the open activities associated with the case on a tab your administrator has configured. By default, it displays open activities in the Activities tab. More information: Specify tab to redirect users to view the open activities for a case
- Related customer and recent case information on the Customer details side panel.
- The Queue item details displays the current queue the case belongs to and the Worked by field.
- View details of the relevant records associated to a case on Case associations.
- Timeline to view information related to the events that happened on the case.
- Upload and view attachments linked to the case on the Attachment tab. You can also:
- See the source of the attachment such as direct upload, attachments uploaded through notes, email, or shared through conversation and the user who uploaded the attachments.
- Use the dropdown list to switch between grid and tile views.
- Search for attachments
- Sort and filter attachments based on Name, Size, Uploaded on, Uploaded by, and Source.
- Select the attachment to preview the content of the attachment. This is only supported for pdf and image files.
- Download and delete multiple attachments at once.
- You can delete only those attachments that have Source set to Direct Upload.
- Attachments shared over a conversation will be displayed only if a case is linked to the conversation and the conversation has ended. The Uploaded By is set to Omnichannel User and Uploaded on is the time when the conversation ended.
- You'll see the enhanced full case form when you open an existing case only if your administrator has set enhanced Full case form as the default form.
View customer details and recent cases
When you create a new case and specify a customer or an account, or open a case after saving it, the application displays the following details, based on your administrator's configurations:
- Customer Details: Displays the customer details configured by your administrator. You can edit the information inline, copy the information and initiate activities such as email or phone call. The activities open as a new quick create form on the main page.
- Recent Cases: Displays the recent cases linked to customer or account. More information: Configure components to display customer details and recent records.