Set up sales tax reporting codes
The Sales tax reporting codes refer to a field number that's listed on a sales tax report. They are used on country-specific report layouts. They're also used on the Sales tax payment by code report. That report shows sales tax amounts for a settlement period summarized for each reporting code. After you create Sales tax reporting codes, you can refer to those codes on the Report setup FastTabs, which you can access from the Sales tax code page.
This recording uses the DEMF demo company.
- In the Navigation pane, go to Tax > Setup > Sales tax > Sales tax reporting codes.
- Click New.
- Select the report layout that the reporting code belongs to. This layout is used to filter the available reporting codes for a sales tax code. Each sales tax code belongs to a settlement period, which belongs to a Sales tax authority, which uses a report layout.
- In the Reporting code field, enter a number.
- In the Report text field, enter a description to display on reports.
- In the Brief description field, enter a description for internal purposes.
- Click Save.
Submit and view feedback for