Configure shared parameters
Applies to these Dynamics 365 apps:
You must set up shared parameters for records that are shared across companies, such as Position records. This article explains how to set up Human resources parameters across legal entities.
Some types of records, such as Position records, are shared across companies. For these records, you must set up shared parameters. For example, the Human resources shared parameters page is used to set up Human resources parameters across legal entities.
On the Human resources shared parameters page, parameters are grouped into areas, based on their functionality.
On the Identification tab, you must select the identification types that represent the identification numbers that are listed on the page. You must set up identification types before you can enter identification information for workers. Information about the Social Security number, national ID number, alien ID number, and personal ID code is maintained on the Identification type page. To define a new identification type or review the list of existing types, go to Personnel management > Links > Setup > Identification types. You can enter a simple code and description.
On the Number sequences tab, you can select the number sequences that are used for the following records: Personnel number, Position, User request ID, I-9 document, Applicant, Discussion, Benefit ID, and Personnel action (if this record type is enabled). To maintain number sequence references and codes, use the Number sequences list page. To find this page, use the page search feature.
On the Positions tab, indicate whether new positions are available for assignment by default:
- Always – You can assign workers to new positions when positions are created. When positions are created, the Available for assignment date and time on the General tab of the Position page are automatically set to the creation date and time.
- Never – You can't assign workers to new positions when positions are created. If you select this option, you must open the Position page for each new position as it becomes available. Then, on the General tab, enter the Available for assignment date to enable worker assignment.
On the Advanced access tab, you can restrict access to some information or links:
Restrict access to worker information – Select this feature if users should be able to view employee information only for those legal entities that they have access to, and for employees who have employment in those legal entities.
After this feature is selected, follow these steps to set the appropriate permissions for each user whose view must be restricted:
- On the Users page, select a user.
- Select a role for the user. The Assign organizations option becomes available.
- Select Assign organizations.
- On the new page, select Grant access to specific organizations individually, and then select the organizations that the user should have access to.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for every additional role that the user has, including the system user role.
The companies that a user has access to must match across all the user's roles.
Enable cross-company compensation view – Compensation for employees is assigned per legal entity of employment. Sometimes, an employee can be employed in multiple legal entities at the same time. When this feature is selected, compensation for each legal entity will appear in Employee self service and Manager self service without requiring that you change legal entities.
Submit and view feedback for