Lite deployment overview
Dynamics 365 Finance has evolved into purpose-built applications to help you manage specific business functions. For more information about these changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Guide.
Applies To: Lite deployment - deal to proforma invoicing
The Lite deployment type of Dynamics 365 Project Operations has the following capabilities for project-based companies:
- Project planning using Microsoft Project for the Web
- Multi-dimensional pricing and costing for labor resources
- Category-based pricing for expense categories
- Project-based sales management using Dynamics 365 Sales capabilities
- Universal resource scheduling that integrates with other applications such as Dynamics 365 Field Service and Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- Project progress and time tracking
- Basic expense tracking for project-based expenses
- Proforma invoicing that can be reviewed and sent to a financial system for processing
- Extensibility through the Power Platform
Use this deployment type if your expectation from Project Operations is to use the full project lifecycle, including the following requirements:
- Ability to manage project-based sales with other types of sales using the capabilities in the Sales application.
- An integrated system that manages internal and billable projects for schedules and financials from project sales to invoicing.
- A third-party Enterprise resource planning (ERP/Financial accounting system to integrate with Project Operations.
- A third-party system to work with sales taxes, exchange rates, expense reimbursements, and non-project expenses.