Prevent message fatigue by limiting the messages sent to a customer in a specific period
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Admins, makers, marketers, or analysts, automatically||Mar 2023||-||Apr 2023|
Ensure that your customers receive the right message at the right moment and at the right frequency to prevent fatigue, avoid unsubscribes, and facilitate optimal engagement with your key messages.
Some customers qualify for multiple journeys and campaigns that run simultaneously. This results in customers receiving multiple messages through one channel in a short period of time. Customers may perceive these messages as spam, which lowers their engagement. With the frequency cap feature, you can optimize engagement by controlling how many messages are sent across multiple channels over a period.
- Define a specific cap per channel (email, text message, push, and custom channels).
- Enable daily, weekly, and monthly frequency caps.
- Decide which journeys should have the frequency cap enabled or disabled.
- Transactional messages will always be excluded.
- Check which messages have been sent and which are still pending for each customer.